Friday, June 01, 2007

The Star Wars Guy

Apparently, I'm the Star Wars guy.

And I'm okay with that. When I pick a movie for Rachel and I to watch, one of the six movies or two Clone Wars DVDs is usually at least considered by me. I throw random Star Wars quotes into casual conversation. I make theological parables using Star Wars. My entire "list" at the public library is Star Wars books. I try to insert Star Wars figures into Christmas decoration. I celebrated the 30th anniversary of Star Wars last Friday with my wife. I'm a moderator on the largest Star Wars website. I have action figures, decorations, collectibles, books, comic books, TBPs, lightsabers, etc.

I just didn't realize I was so much the "Star Wars Guy" that friends call me with questions from their four-year-old son and his five-year-old cousin. My only regret is that I'm not well versed in Lucas Arts projects that are aimed primarily at children that young.

Except, of course, for The Phantom Menace. I know that pretty well.

No comments: