Monday, June 25, 2007

My, How We Change

So, I realized I've changed quite a bit in the past 2.75 years since Rachel and I got married. I didn't realize until this morning just how deep the impact she's had on my everyday life.

I was putting socks on. And I noticed they weren't on my feet correctly. The seams weren't lined up correct. So I took them off, and put them back on correctly.

Let me explain: up until Rachel and I started dating, I didn't know that socks could go on in an incorrect manner. They're socks. They shape themselves to your feet. It's what they do. I even had some athletic socks with toe and heel marks on them, and still didn't get the message that the heel mark was supposed to go on your heel. I just thought it was a suggestion.

So, anyways, I get done with that, and get my semi-casual brown shoes out. Walk out to the living room to put them on, and see my tennis shoes, which I wore yesterday. I immediately set my brown shoes down and pick up my tennis shoes and put them away.

Again, up until Rachel and I started dating, I didn't know you needed to put shoes away. I thought putting them out of the way of tripping you was good enough. My parents even had a shoe tree in the main closet when I was growing up. I just kept my shoes in my bedroom for easier access for me. Thought the shoe tree was a suggestion.

Maybe Jeff Foxworthy is right ... all men are being trained ...

No comments: