Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sex God

It's very rare for me to get a book, and tear through it. I was brought up fully immersed in the video game/movie/television generation. It's not that I don't enjoy reading a book, it's just that it's not the easiest thing to keep my attention for extended stretches.

Well, in less than a day, I tore through Sex God.

And I have two major things to say about it:

1) When I have money in the budget to buy a book, I'm buying it.

2) If you haven't read it, go read it.

Seriously. Read it. It will impact your life in some way. It will challenge your life in some way. I've already mapped out more than half a dozen ways I can see myself using it.

  • Advice book for a friend getting married
  • Advice book for friend(s) in a rocky marriage
  • Make a strong marriage stronger
  • Encouragement for the down days in a career path
  • Book to read together when it's time to talk to kids about sex
  • Encouragement for a single friend
  • Understanding and conquering sexual demons in a way even Every Man's Battle couldn't and didn't


Seriously. Rob Bell mixes funny anecdotes with deep thoughts, scriptural basis and nuances, as well as historical and common sense knowledge. It doesn't matter where you are on a faith journey or if you have even formally started one.

Go read this book.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

It's on my shelf...I hope to get to it soon...