Thursday, November 30, 2006

It Was Good

The show last night was good. It lasted almost three hours. But that didn't matter. All that really mattered was that I was able to enjoy an evening with my wife. For those three hours, financial pains didn't matter, struggles to pay bills didn't matter, medical worries didn't matter. I was simply able to enjoy time with my wife. And what a blessing that was.

By the way, if you live in Findlay and you get a chance to see the show, you should. It might not make you laugh, and it might not make you cry, but it will entertain you. And, you'll get to see eight very well made vests.

On another note, I had a job interview this morning. Took a computerized assessment of my ability for the position, and was told by the computer that the company would be unwise to proceed with me. At least this company didn't drag it out over weeks before telling me they didn't want me. I suppose now it's back to the old drawing boards. Anyone got suggestions or connections?

On a related note, this would usually bum me out, but I'm not really bumming today about it. I was driving home and God just inspired joy in me, to see happiness in the world around me, which is really odd since I'm driving home in a drizzling rain from a job interview where I got rejected. Odd, huh?

Anyway, He put this new song into my heart. I don't know how new it actually is, but I've never heard it before and just started singing it, so I thought I'd share the lyrics with anyone who reads this:

I know that I don’t always see the blessings in my life
I know that I can’t always see through the gloom and pain
I know that I won’t always sing about the work you do
I know that I don’t always look for the light in the dark

So, I want to thank you
Thank you for this day
And, I want to thank you
For the air I breathe
To thank you for the things I see
For all the warmth that’s around me

I know every blessing that I have
Is constructed by your hand
I know that all that’s within this soul
Was made by your great command

And I want to thank you,
Here and now
And I want to love you,
Here and now
And I want to praise you,
Here and now
And I want to be yours
Here and now

Here and now
Here and now
And forevermore

No comments: