Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Weightlessness

The sensation of being in zero gravity ... now that's something I'd like to experience. Wether in actual outer space (which would be very sweet), or some kind of simulation, I get the feeling it would just be a rush like no other.

But, I'd also like to feel another type of weightlessness. They type where you don't feel the heavy burdens on your chest and your life. Where you aren't weighed down by expectations, schedules, evaluations, and the such. Where you are just free to live life as it comes.

I think the last time I really felt that way was over a year ago. Rachel and I were on our honeymoon/one year anniversary trip to Denver, and we stopped just west of Denver by Mount Evans for lunch and located a pizza place called Beau Jo's. And we sat, and we enjoyed ourselves. We talked, and we didn't have to rush off. We didn't have to order from the menu based solely on price. We were able to try new things (like honey on our pizza crust). It was totally unplanned, but totally amazing. To this day, we still talk about how good Beau Jo's is, and how we'd return to Denver just to eat there.

And, maybe i'm romanticizing the moment. Maybe there have been other times since then, but that one really sticks out. But I'm hoping we can get some more of those.

I think tonight might be an opportunity. Rachel made some costumes for the local theatre and they gave her two tickets for tonight's show, so we're going. And there won't be a schedule to keep, or a bill to pay, or expectations. Just me, and my wife, and (hopefully) an enjoyable show that we had a small part in putting on.

Maybe tonight we won't feel the weight of the world around us.

I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I hope so too...have a wonderful time...