Monday, November 27, 2006

I don't know how to swim

This is true. In a very physical sense. Never learned how. Don't really float either. I can sink pretty well, though.

Also true on a less physical sense. No idea how to swim and not be dragged under by currents. Never learned early in my life how to deal with setbacks and disappointments, failures and shortcomings. I always succeeded. So I never learned how to swim.

Reminds me of a Superchic[k] song ...


Help me out God I need a little something
Turn the brights on I can't see where we're going
Cause I don't know when things'll work out just fine
Or if this road we're on leads us up
Or is leading me on down to my wishing well
Where I might drown oh I might drown
Cause I can't swim without you God


On a non-related note, I'm looking for a list of movies with some hidden spiritual meaning. Nothing *blam* in your face like "Passion of the Christ", but some stuff with more hidden, secret almost, spiritual undertones. I've got a good list to start with, but I'm always looking for more. Let me know what you got to add to this list:

  • The Three Lord of the Rings
  • The six Star Wars
  • Toy Story
  • The Incredibles
  • The Princess Bride
  • Transformers: The Movie

No comments: