Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dreams

I'm not one who often remembers his dreams. When I do, it's quite the rarity. Even more rare is when I remember a dream that felt real. The type where you have no idea it's a dream until the next day you wake up, and the effects of the dream aren't there. Even more rare for me is to have a recurring dream like that.

So I'll share. Because that happened to me last night/this morning as I slept.

There's some sort of STE meeting taking place, but it's not a Fall Gathering or a Conclave, just a brainstorming meeting where all the chapters and national officers got together. It takes place somewhere almost directly south of Columbus, OH, but not in Ohio, although I was never quite able to pinpoint where exactly it was, but I do know it was on the campus of a large university.

Anyway, almost everyone is hating me at the meeting, and for reasons I cannot discern. I have a long list of ideas I'd like to discuss and throw out for discussion, but all the other National Officers keep giving me meaningless tasks to do to keep me busy and keep me from talking about anything productive.

Rachel is there, but is being very cold to me, and doing so deliberately, although she won't tell me why or give any clue as to why. In fact, the only people there who are doing anything nice to me at all and even listening to me are Kurt and Jason from the Beta Epsilon Chapter.

Anyway, the entire day is wasted on doing ... well, nothing, because everyone is forcing me to do meaningless tasks.

The first time the dream ended, I went to the bathroom, and then to bed, with a sick feeling in my stomach. Last night, when I went to the bathroom, I was exiting and Byron Leftwich stopped me and was getting ready to beat me to a pulp when I woke up.

(The Byron Leftwich appearance, by the way, is what tipped me off to this dream not being real)


Any dreamologists out there care to offer a take on a deep meaning for this recurring dream?

No comments: