Sunday, October 22, 2006

Posting from Illinois!

This has certainly been a fun weekend ... I'm in Illinois for my Fraternity at one of our four Fall Gathering sites. The day was an absolute blast yesterday. From Alex and I umping a softball game from atop a band director's perch, to a really awesome time of bonding during a religious project, to activating new brothers at a new colony, to going out with 20 of my brothers for pizza and soda, just an awesome, awesome time.

But I'm done travelling on my weekends. I want a week off.

Seriously.

This is not only the third different city I've been in the last three weekends, it's the third different state.

Two weeks ago, my wife, myself, and my mother-in-law travelled down to Salem, WV for the apple butter festival. Last week, my wife and myself travelled down to Columbus for a "birthday extravaganaza" for me put on by my mother-in-law. And, now, I'm in Illinois, just outside of the campus of Illinois Wesleyan University.

Not that I haven't had a blast the past three weeks. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed them all greatly. I just am sitting here on my hotel bed posting, and I'd much rather have slept on my own pillow-top bed last night, with my new non-compression pillow.

Plus, I haven't been to Five02 in almost a month now thanks to travelling ... and I really can't wait to go again.

No comments: