Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Opening Day

I think you all know by now that I love baseball. The Indians were my first love. Someone asked me the other day if I had a choice between Rachel and lifetime Indians season tickets which I would choose, and I honestly had to think about it.


(Rachel won out in the end, BTW)


So, yesterday, I went all out. Had the Indians game on the radio. Got a little teary-eyed with some of Hammy's calls. Made a festive lunch for Rachel and myself to enjoy. We had hot dogs, super pretzels, and homemade Cracker Jack.

And then the Indians went out and gave a microcosm of Cleveland sports: they had a seven run inning, highlighted by huge plays from up-and-coming stars. But, at the end of the inning one of the best players on the team got injured. To top that off, the staff ace couldn't hold that 7-2 lead, thanks in large part to a player the Indians once had but couldn't afford to keep.

Then again, despite all that, they won the game. Which means they're on pace to go 162-0.

So maybe this year will be different.

And why not ... it's April.

No comments: