Monday, August 04, 2008

Enough is Enough

Do you ever want to get into a window and scream out to the rest of the world "enough!" or "enough is enough!"?

About any number of things.

Well, I finally reached that point last month. I didn't shout it from a rooftop, or a window, or a podium, or anything like that.

I just started to quietly go about my business to make it not what it was.

Let me tell you what happened last month.

I looked at myself in the mirror, and I didn't like what I saw. At all. It drained my to realize that. It sapped away my confidence. And when you're in a sales industry, confidence is your #1 friend.

Then I got on the scale. And I weighed in at a completely unacceptable 269.5.

Two-hundred, sixty-nine, and one-half pounds.

Of flesh, and blood, and bone, and, most of all, fat.

And I said to myself, at that very moment, enough is enough. This is going to change.

Today, I got on my scale again, and I'm at a slightly more acceptable, yet still unacceptable 256.

Already down 13.

57 more to go.

But I feel I should celebrate the 13, because I think it's an accomplishment.

So, who wants to go the China Buffet with me to celebrate?

No comments: