Monday, March 31, 2008

Memo to ESPN

If you can only include five-six options on a poll. one of them really needs to be "other". Especially when talking about, before Opening Day, what team you think will win the World Series. Or, at the very least, include every team that at least one of your "experts" has picked to win the World Series.

I am not happy with you right now. I do not wish to select any of the following as my pick to win the World Series: Mets, Phillies, Red Sox, Tigers, Yankees.

Today is Opening Day. My favorite unofficial National Holiday. The day when hope springs eternal. And yet you are implying there should be no hope for 25 teams, including a team that played in the World Series last year, and a team that was one victory from playing in the World Series that one of your experts picked to win the World Series.

You are angering me. I can only hope the sports gods see the slight you have created and give you a World Series that involves none of the five teams you picked.

As for me, I like the Indians to win the World Series in six games over the Diamondbacks.

No comments: