Monday, March 03, 2008

Lost in Jesus

I know, a lot of churches and/or attendees of lots of different churches think they have the best worship band in the world. Or at least, best amateur worship band.

I would disagree with all of them, unless they are referring to jOURney. We have the best worship band in the world. Amateur or not. David Crowder and Chris Tomlin listen to R. C. Foshizzle for inspiration.

Last night they were on like nothing else. I found myself lost in Jesus and lost in worship as they played. It's an amazing feeling, being lost like that. And not a mindless lost, but somehow being totally aware of everything around you, and yet totally focused on one thing.

If you're too far from Findlay to actually check out Journey yourself and hear our awesome band, I'd encourage you to buy their first CD. "Lives of Grace" is an amazing song, and "Stoop a Little" has also become one of my favorites. Maybe you'll find your own favorite. They're only ten bucks. And the proceeds to go AIDS relief in Africa, including Blood:Water Mission, one of my favorite charities. And, I bet if you ask nicely, R. C. Foshizzle would even autograph your copy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very kind, my friend...

I'm glad you connect to God through the music...

...and I'll at least sign your copy...