Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Unfunny Funnies

Maybe I'm just getting old and crank-nostalgic, but I don't find much funny in the funny pages anymore. I'm not amused like I used to be. Gone are the wit and charm of Fox Trot and Calvin and Hobbes. And, while we still get a few beauties, like Agnes, we're more often stuck with tired "jokes" and running gags from the likes of BC, Hagar, Ziggy, and Garfield.

Well, finally, someone figured out how to make Garfield funny.

Take out Garfield. Either his thought balloons, or him entirely.

Case in point:



Maybe there's hope for humanity after all ...

2 comments:

Trevor said...

Wow. That really causes me to want to write my own captions!! Why are Jon's eyes bugging out in the last frame. Let me tell you... :-)

Darth Shan said...

Pearls before Swine

PvP