Thursday, February 28, 2008

Do You Ever Inspire Yourself?

I'm not trying to sound egotistical with that question. I'm seriously wondering: do you ever inspire yourself?

I ask because this morning I inspired myself. In my role as National Vice President for Sigma Theta Epsilon, I'm posting a discussional (my word for devotional that hopefully invites discussion and feedback) each day for Lent. That's going to be 46 of these discussionals in 46 days, counting one on each Sunday, as well. This has been a serious time of growth for me, as well as drawing close to the Lord. I'm really amazed at how much it's done that for me.

But, beyond that, the lastest discussional entry in the series inspired me to attempt a project. It's not that I hadn't had similar thoughts before, but they had never been as clear or as focused or as "I need to do this" as they were when I re-read what I had posted for discussional.

I'm just wondering how common this is. Do you ever do something that gives you inspiration to do something else? Do you ever inspire yourself?

(Of course I realize I may be giving myself too much credit in the inspiration side ... but I think I sound just as vain if I try to say "God prompted to me to write this", so there goes another question and conundrum ... )

No comments: