Friday, January 11, 2008

My Guy is:

Fred Dalton Thompson





This is probably not a surprise to many people who know me well.

He's truly the best conservative choice in the field. He's strong on the economy, foreign policy, taxes, and State's Rights, which are easily my biggest desires to see in a candidate.

My only hope is that he can find enough support to maintain a national push to the G.O.P. nomination and the White House.

I think my biggest hope right now is a Thompson-Romney ticket, though I could live with that being in either order.

The order of my choices for the G.O.P. nomination, my candidates are: Thompson, Romney, Guiliani, McCain, Huckabee, Paul. And for President of the United States, you can throw Obama onto that list right before Huckabee, and then Bloomberg right after Huckabee. Though I must stress, there's a large gap between Thompson and Romney, a huge gap between Romney and Rudy, and a dozen Grand Canyons between Rudy and McCain. So I really hope I don't have to go below my third choice.

2 comments:

Darth Shan said...

glad to see off the Ron Paul diet. I like Fred - TONS.. course you knew that... I think Rommney is a bit to slimey for me. I like Alan Keyes too but no one takes him seriously.

Ryan said...

well, I guess McCoy could make a sweet running mate. He could, by presence alone, could make the death sentence obsolete...

which would be a great thing :)