Sunday, January 06, 2008

Choosing a President

So, this November we here in the United States are electing a new President. It's probably impossible to not know this. And even before then, we've started the process to determine the Democrat and GOP nominees.

Normally, I make the statement that I hate politics. And I do. But I'm really intrigued by the elections this year. Maybe I'm buying into media hype about this being the most wide open race in more than sixty years, but I doubt it. I'm not normally one to buy into media hype.

I honestly think we're at a pivotal point in American (and World) history, and who we the people elect can help determine which path we take at this pivotal point.

I think I've finally figured out which candidate most appeals to me and which of them I'd most like to see in the White House come January. But I'm going to take some time on my blog and review the issues and the candidates.

I'll be using the candidates and the issues on this grid. It's a good tool for a snapshot of candidate positions. My plan is to use this blog to go through the positions there, describe my position and rationale for them, and then in the end see what candidate matches up best to me. Like I said, I think I know who I support, but I might even surprise myself.

I'll probably also include a few links to neat things I find around the 'net on politics and the such. For starters, you can check out the two new blogs I've linked to on the sidebar.

I hope you guys out there are as excited and interested as I am. Even if you hate politics and ads and the such, you should take the time to get informed, and informed on your own, not just from media, talk shows, and the such.

No comments: