Monday, August 14, 2006

Wilderness

So, I was listening to my "Loud and Clear" Supertones CD on my way to and from the testing center this morning. Got stuck, once again, on the song "Wilderness". This song has spoken to me in so many ways over the years. Usually, the lines that get me are either the chorus:

Have you ever held in doubt
What this life is all about
Have you questioned all these things that seem
important to us
Do you really wanna know
Or are you a little scared
You're afraid that God is not exactly what you'd have
Him be
What should I hold to and what should I do
How do I know if anything's true
I'm somewhere in-between Canaan and Egypt
A place called the wilderness
Or the bridge:


God do you really understand what it's like to be a man
Have You ever felt the weight of loving all the
things you Hate
Have You struggled have You worried
How can You sympathize
Today, it was the start of the second verse:

I'm not one who always trusts their feelings
I don't believe in what you'd call blind faith
But faith that you can do all that you promised
And you said it all works for good

What an awesome promise! It all works for good! Everything the enemy throws at us, every attempt he makes to bring us down, every time he trips us up, God is using that, refining it, and making good come from it. He is using Satan's own plans and temptations and not only foiling them, but using them to work for good! I came to tears looking at some of the things the enemy has thrown at my life recently and in the lives of some of those around me, and just realized how amazing and all-powerful my God is that he would take these setbacks and these mistakes and these challenges and work good out for them.


I'm working on a dramatic monologue for the next five02 service, and this song is really helping to shape it. I just can't help but feel awed by the immense power of one who turns darkness into light, setbacks into advancements, and sin into glory!

No comments: