Friday, August 18, 2006

Dinner

So, I still haven't had a paycheck since May. Still playing the waiting game to hear back from my soon-to-be-employer so I can do training.

In the meantime, God is doing amazing things. Simply amazing.

As we all know, food is an essential requirement to live. We can go without it for a bit, but we really, in the end, need it.

So how does God provide for his servant who hasn't gotten paid in 3 months?

He arranges for dinner. Every night of the week so far.

Monday night we had dinner over at Kim and John's, two members of our Thursday Night small group at St Marks. (btw, I just learned Wednesday that it's St. Marks, not St. Mark's. Oh well). Kim called in the morning to see if we had plans, and when we didn't, we had dinner plans.

Tuesday night, we visited my brother in Cleveland. We went to a Chineese Buffet and his wife grabbed the check before anyone else had a chance too (mom was visiting, too). So we don't even know exactly how much dinner was, but it was free.

Wednesday night, we had book club pretty much directly after Rachel got home from work (we're reading Church Re-Imagined, and I recomend it to ANYONE who wants to know if they can live in a better Christian community, or just wonder if there is a different way to do "Church") so we didn't get to have dinner before we went. As the time went by, my hunger increased, and I sat there thinking "we haven't gone to the grocery store in 2 weeks. We don't have anything complete at home to make dinner. I wonder if Rachel would be ok if we went to Wal-Mart and spent two dollars on a frozen pizza for dinner?" Unbeknownst to me, Rachel was thinking "I wonder if he'd be ok if we went to Wal-Mart on the way home and got frozen pizza?". Neither of us was able to ask the other one, because as we were preparing to leave from Coffee Amici, Becky (a member of the Book Club) says to us "why don't you two come over, and I'll have my daughter throw a frozen pizza in the oven?" So that was pretty sweet.

Last night was Small Group, and we met at Kathy and John's camp ground, where they grilled up some Bratwurst, and other brought chicken, potato salad, fruits, vegitables, and a desert. So that took care of last night. Rachel usually can't make it to small group (because she works on Thursday nights), but because we went late she was able to come out and fellowship and eat.

And we left with some leftovers, some of which became lunch today.

How awesome God is to provide every need at just the right time!

No comments: