Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Rules of the Game

Or, rather, odd rules that I seem to live by.

More particularly, music rules.

It seems that for certain songs, I almost involuntarily react a certain way when they come on the radio. I can't explain it. Unless it would almost certainly cause me physical harm, I have a reaction to certain songs. It's almost a rule.

Here's the ones on the top of my head I can think of:

-Hang on Sloopy, by the McCoys. When this comes on I have to do the O-H-I-O during the chorus, unless of course I am driving in heavy traffic or getting a haircut (almost made that mistake once)
-Livin' on a Prayer, by Bon Jovi. When this comes on I have to crank up my radio about as loud as it can go, and sing along with the chorus, usually at near the top of my lungs.
-Dare, by Stan Bush and You Got the Touch, by Stan Bush. Every time I hear this song, I start quoting random lines from Transformers: The Movie
-Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen. Wayne's World reenactment, or at least as close as I can come.

I'm sure there are others, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Anyone else have this reaction to certain songs? If so, what are the songs and rules of your life?

No comments: