Sunday, September 10, 2006

Still Here, Still Not Dead

So, here's a newsflash:

I'm not great at keeping my blog updated.

So sue me.

Nothing really of news to update on. Still looking for a job (more on this in a minute ... I'm going to provide actual thoughts on this), traveled a bunch last weekend (Findlay to Delaware to West Jefferson to Columbus to West Union, WV to Clarksburg to Salem to Athens, OH to Columbus to Findlay). All-in-all, a good, fun, and productive meeting. West Virgina was my family reunion, Athens was to recruit for STE on the campus of Ohio University, and the other stops were to see family, eat, and/or sleep.

Glad to see Pittsburgh off to a good start without Big Ben in the lineup. I'd talk more about that, but instead I'm going to do an all-sports blog, so I'll put thoughts up on that later. Check that out at: http://bettsonsports.blogspot.com

So, on the job front ... it's extremely frustrating that neither myself nor Rachel (my wife), two hard-working, intelligent people ... both with college degrees ... cannot seem to get a job to save their lives. Somehow ... the entire thing seems to be God's plan.

That's right. I said it. I think God wants us to be struggling through right now. But it's more than just the lessons in humbleness and dependence. It's trying to get through our thick (very thick) skulls that sooner, not later, we need to be starting our calls to Ministry. We need to stop looking for and seeking out career-type jobs that we'll hold for years to come, and instead look for jobs that will help us settle our feet, and let us get back on track to get into a Seminary very soon.

So, keep praying for us. Pray that we'll find the jobs to help us stand on our feet. Pray that we'll listen ... intently ... to what God wants to tell us. Pray that we'll accept the calls he placing in our hearts.

On the good news front, bills are paid this month, and the fridge and cupboards are full! God rocks!

No comments: