Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ha! I'm Not Alone!

So, I've taken quite a bit of ridicule from my wife over the past few weeks. As the Indians went to the playoffs, and advanced into the ALCS, I began to notice that certain behaviors I had correlated with some decent level to the outcome on the field. The things I ate, the clothes I wore, the places I sat.

And I wasn't alone in my being mocked, either. Ryan, who I watched a few games with, sat through the exact same thing.

Our wives thought we were crazy. Others laughed and joked about what they might do (in jest) to help the Indians win this year.

But Ryan and I ... we are not alone. According to that article on ESPN.com, 1 in 5 fans do things to help their teams win or to avoid jinxes.

I'm just shocked its that low. I figured it'd be closer to 4 in 5, to be honest.

So I might be crazy, but at least I'm not alone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is not your fault, it is mine. I told my wife to wear her Indian's sweatshirt but she said she was too hot with it on. It was in the room with us, but she wasn't wearing it. She should have been wearing it. I should have more strongly encouraged it. I didn't. I'm sorry.

Ryan said...

proud to be crazy right along side you, brother