Thursday, October 25, 2007

Aging

So, I'm getting old(er). I realize it every morning. I wake up, and at least three joints on my body ache. Every day. Some of the joints rotate, some of them don't. My right knee is a pretty good constant. If a day ends in Y, I'm pretty sure I'll wake up and my right knee will be aching.

My back is also a pretty big constant. It aches every morning. But, then again, it also aches just about every waking second of the day. I sometimes feel like I live on Bayer Back & Body the way I used to live on Mountain Dew when I was at Northern.

And I constantly find myself complaining about "kids these days". They don't wear enough clothing. Their music doesn't have enough meaning and heart. They don't have enough respect for their elders. They don't really know half the stuff they talk about. They don't remember what life was like before x, y, and z. And on, and on, and on.

And so I've known about these factors for a while. And yes, I just had a birthday this past weekend (Thank you JD Drew for ruining it, you selfish bastard). But today, I finally realized just how much I'm aging.

I realized that when I'm not near enough to Columbus (meaning I can get RadioU), I pretty much use the radio in my car for three things: sports, AM news in the morning (with the local guy), and the Classic Rock station.

Yup, that makes me headed in the old direction. If I'm not already there.

No comments: